Monday, January 14, 2019

10 Changes: A Year in Review

I'm sure I am just like the majority of you.  The new year brings a time of reflection. Did I accomplish what I set off to accomplish this year?  What changes do I want to make for the coming year? As I reflect I wanted to share 10 things that I did this year. Each of these have taught me how to take accountability for my health and given me the hope I needed regarding answers I personally needed.

  • I Changed My Thought Process
    • This is huge!  (For anyone who doesn't know about thought work, I highly recommend to study it for yourself.)  I no longer see myself as a victim of circumstance.  I see the influence of positive energy.  I know that I will be accountable to God for both my thoughts and my actions, so what am I doing with both? 
  • I Started Bringing Natural Products Into My Home
    • The more I've learned about health, to more I realize how everything interacts.  We have need of not just changing what we eat, but what we put on our body.  After all, what we put on also goes in through the skin, through our airway, etc.  It is not cheap, but it is worth it.  I'm taking one product at a time, I started with medicine, and I'm evaluating what the total influence of that product is for me and my family.  My next step is cleaning products and makeup.
  • I Buy Organic Produce
    • If we are worried about what we put on our body and into our body then we should also be worried about what our food in grown in and what is brought into their "bodies".  I've come to see a taste difference in the produce, including organic meat when I can purchase it.  
  • I've Started Practicing Self-care
    • Take time for yourself!  You deserve it, and it is not something that is important only after everything else on the to-do list is done.
  • I've Learned that Mental Health is as Important as Physical
    • I do mental checks often.  Why am I feeling down?  Why am I feeling impatient and irritable?  In other words, I talk to myself often because I know it's good for me.
  • I've Learned to Listen to my Body
    • When my body it telling me to slow down, I slow down.  Whether the project is done or not.  If that means I take my sheets off the bed but need to lay down for half hour before I put clean ones on, then that's what I do.  I honor my body and it's need instead of powering ahead just to get through.
  • I've Placed a Major Focus on Spiritual Health
    • I prioritize my time in the scriptures and time in prayer above all else in my day.  I have set out a pattern of Weekly Temple services as well.  That is what my time on this earth is meant for.  It is not a sacrifice.
  • I Have Sought out Great Products
    • I've started searching for great quality products that will help me reach the desired health I long for.  With each produce I research, I take it to the Lord for confirmation to make sure it is right for my body.  Two companies I began using are Juuva and Young Living.  Yes, there are other good products out there, but these are what's right for my family.
  • I Started to Share my Story
    • What good is all this information if I keep it to myself? 😂 I began writing a book this past year and know it is what my mission is at this time.
  • Above All, I Trusted God
    • I trusted that this was exactly the journey I needed to take to get me where I need to be.  It's been a good journey. Here's to continuing the learning this year....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will be reviewed by moderator before being posted.